Dr. Hong Nguyen grew up in Houston, Texas where she graduated with a BBA in Management and a minor in Biology from the University of Houston. She earned her Doctor of Optometry from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences School of Optometry. Following her doctorate, Dr. Nguyen underwent extensive residency training in Primary Care/Ocular Disease at the Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center. She maintains active membership in the Alabama Optometric Association, the American Optometric Association, and the Gold Key International Honor Society.
Dr. Nguyen provides full scope patient care including comprehensive eye exams, specialty contact lenses, ocular disease and pre & post-operative management of cataract, and refractive surgery (LASIK) patients.
Outside the clinic, Dr. Nguyen enjoys spending time with family, friends, her two dogs: Tiger & Mimi; traveling, and the outdoors.
Dr. Nguyen practices out of our Fairhope, Foley, and South Foley offices in Alabama.
- Undergraduate Degree – University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Optometry Degree – Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences School of Optometry, Boston, MA
- Residency in Primary Care and Ocular Disease – Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Tuscaloosa, AL
Memberships & Affiliations
- Alabama Optometric Association, Member
- American Optometric Association, Member
- American Academy of Optometry Fellow, Member
- Gold Key International Honor Society, Member
- Foley Lions Club, Member
Honors & Awards
- Gold Key International Optometric Leadership Honor Society
- TruForm Optics Clinical Excellence in Anterior Segment and Contact Lens
Meet Dr. Hong Nguyen
We’d love to see you!
Interested in improving and preserving your vision for a lifetime? Contact us today for a consultation.
The doctors at Southern Eye Group have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.