Dr. Salmedina Alic is an optometrist who specializes in comprehensive eye care, managing ocular disease, low vision, and fitting contact lenses. Dr. Alic grew up in St. Louis, Missouri. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Missouri-St.Louis, where she also went on to receive her Doctor of Optometry degree. Dr. Alic then completed her residency program in Ocular Disease at the W.G. Hefner VA Medical Center in Salisbury, North Carolina.
Dr. Alic is passionate about the field of optometry and increasing quality of life for her patients by improving their vision and ocular health. She also cares about her community and has volunteered her services at several non-profit optometry events.
When she isn’t busy helping patients at Southern Eye Group, Dr. Alic enjoys the outdoors, sports, and listening to music. She likes to explore new places and adventures and she loves spending time with family and friends.
Dr. Alic practices out of our Saraland and Spanish Fort, Alabama offices.
- Undergraduate Degree – University of Missouri – St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Optometry Degree – University of Missouri – St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Residency – W.G. Hefner VA Medical Center, Salisbury, NC
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Optometry, Member
- Saraland Lion’s Club, Member
- Saraland Chamber, Member
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Optometry Student Fellowship, 2019
- Student Award for Excellence in Low Vision, 2021
- The Practice Management Award in Ophthalmic Optics and Dispensing, 2021
We’d love to see you!
Interested in improving and preserving your vision for a lifetime? Contact us today for a consultation.
The doctors at Southern Eye Group have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.