Dr. Peter Zloty is a board-certified and fellowship-trained ophthalmologist specializing in Corneal Transplants, Cataract Surgery, and Refractive Surgery, including LASIK. He is dedicated to providing high-quality vision care for patients in Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and throughout the Gulf Coast.
Dr. Zloty received his medical degree from Albany Medical College. He went on to serve an active duty tour in the U.S. Navy and earned the rank of Lieutenant Commander and a Sea Service Medal. He performed his service stateside at the Newport Naval Hospital Emergency Medicine Department and Brig Medical Service, and at sea as an intensive care physician.
As an accomplished anterior segment and refractive surgeon, Dr. Zloty applies the most current refractive techniques and technology available for his patients. He has significant experience in performing surgical procedures, such as corneal transplants and lamellar techniques, including DSAEK and DMEK. Dr. Zloty has contributed to several publications on research and technology in his specialized field and has also shared his expertise as an instructor at the American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting and at various national and international lectures. He also traveled to Honduras and East Timor on multiple occasions to perform medical and surgical humanitarian mission work.
- Undergraduate Degree – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Medical School – Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Internship – Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Ophthalmology Residency – Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Fellowship in Corneal and External Disease – Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), Member
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), Member
Honors & Awards
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award (2018, 2017, 2014, 2008)
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2017)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
- Asia Pacific Association of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
- Albany Medical College Robert Reinecke Outstanding Research Award
Learn More about Dr. Zloty & His Specialties
We’d love to see you!
Interested in improving and preserving your vision for a lifetime? Contact us today for a consultation.
The doctors at Southern Eye Group have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.