Dr. Gayla Rowland is an experienced ophthalmologist who specializes in medical management of glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, dry eye syndrome, allergy disorders, and treatment of eye diseases.
Originally from Crestview, FL, Dr. Rowland graduated Summa Cum Laude from Troy University with a B.S. in Physical Science and minors in Biology and Psychology. She then attended medical school, finishing in the top 10%, an internship in Internal Medicine and her residency training in Ophthalmology at the University of South Florida, in Tampa, FL. She has been practicing comprehensive ophthalmology in the Pensacola area for over 16 years.
Dr. Rowland and her husband Keith have two teenage boys and a Goldendoodle named Shelby. Outside of the office, she enjoys running (two marathons and counting!), reading, gardening and cooking.
Dr. Rowland practices at our Foley, Alabama and Gulf Breeze and Pensacola, Florida offices.
- Undergraduate Degree – Troy University, Troy, AL
- Medical Degree – University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Internship in Internal Medicine – University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Residency in Ophthalmology – University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Member
- American Medical Association, Member
- Escambia County Medical Society, Member
Meet Dr. Gayla Rowland
We’d love to see you!
Interested in improving and preserving your vision for a lifetime? Contact us today for a consultation.
The doctors at Southern Eye Group have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.